Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions of Use of the Grasping the Nettle Website and Online Forum
This page sets out the terms and conditions of use of the entire contents of the website www.graspingthenettle.org (the Website) including the online forum discussion pages (the Forum) and any correspondence by email between us (or our agents) and you. Please read these terms and conditions carefully and make sure you understand them before using the Website and the Forum. This Legal Notice is provided by Grasping the Nettle. When we refer to ‘we’ or ‘us’ this means Grasping the Nettle.
- You may access most areas of the Website without registering your details with us. Certain areas of the Website, including the Forum, are only open to you if you register with us.
- By accessing any part of the Website, you shall be deemed to have accepted this legal notice in full. If you do not accept these terms and conditions in full, do not use the Website.
- Other than personally identifiable information, covered under clause 1.3, any material you transmit or post to the Website shall be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. Grasping the Nettle shall have no obligations with respect to such material.
- We will communicate with you via email, to the email address you provide to us. If you wish to cease communication with us at any time please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Posting on the Forum
- The Forum is intended to be an arena hosting respectful dialogue. For more information, please see our Respectful Dialogue section of the Website. Grasping the Nettle reserves the right to remove from the Website any content which it deems to be unsuitable.
- The Forum is designed for use by adults. When you use the site, you represent and warrant that you have the legal capacity to form a contract with us and to abide by these terms and conditions.
- You are prohibited from posting or transmitting to or from the Website any material:
(a) that is threatening, defamatory, obscene, indecent, seditious, offensive, abusive, liable to incite racial hatred, discriminatory, menacing, scandalous, inflammatory, blasphemous, in breach of confidence, in breach of privacy or which may cause annoyance or inconvenience; or
(b) for which you have not obtained all necessary licences and/or approvals; or
(c) which constitutes or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise be contrary to the law of or infringe the rights of any third party, in any country in the world; or
(d) which is technically harmful (including, without limitation, computer viruses, logic bombs, Trojan horses, worms, harmful components, corrupted data or other malicious software or harmful data).
- You may not misuse the Website (including, without limitation, by hacking)
- Grasping the Nettle shall fully co-operate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity or locate anyone posting any material in breach of clause 2.3.
- You retain ownership of all content you post, upload to, or otherwise share on the site. However, by posting, uploading, or sharing your content, you grant us a non-exclusive, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to access, use, and display your content in connection with the site and services we provide to you. This license permits us to perform the services that you registered for. This license ends when you delete the material or delete your account.
- You may not post, upload, or otherwise place any content or information on the site that belongs to a third party, unless you have the legal right to do so.
- Unless otherwise stated, all non-forum related content on the Website, the selection, compilation, arrangement and presentation of all materials, and the overall design of the site are copyrighted by Grasping the Nettle, and/or our agents. Use of our content without our express prior written permission is strictly prohibited.
- These Terms and Conditions
- Grasping the Nettle may revise these terms and conditions at any time by updating this posting. You should check the Website from time to time to review the then current terms and conditions, because it is binding on you. Certain provisions of these terms and conditions may be superseded by expressly designated legal notices or terms located on particular pages at the Website.
- Service access
- While the Grasping the Nettle endeavours to ensure that the Website is normally available 24 hours a day, we shall not be liable if for any reason the Website is unavailable at any time or for any period.
5.2 Access to the Website may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons beyond the reasonable control of Grasping the Nettle and/or our agents.
- Grasping the Nettle, and any employees or agents (whether or not involved in creating, producing, maintaining or delivering the Website), exclude all liability and responsibility for any amount or kind of loss or damage that may result to you or a third party in connection with the Website in any way or in connection with the use, inability to use or the results of use of the Website, any websites linked to the Website or the material on such websites.
- Governing law and jurisdiction
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Scots law. Disputes arising in connection with these terms and conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish courts.